Thursday, June 5, 2008

Unabashed Intimacy

‘Take off your top & lie down’ the dispassionate tone of voice would have bothered me had I not been standing in the therapy room at my chiropractors. Because, I wouldn’t do it otherwise. Unless there was passion, commitment or a covetousness for the moment. But this time, it was different.

As I walked towards the bench, I sucked my tummy in until the face went blue. It was almost a race before I could lie facing downwards ..and then breathe normally, hoping she will not notice my body levitating by the expansion of my stomach underneath.

As she worked my tensed muscles, we got talking. 5 minutes later, I wish we hadn’t.
While making small talk, I thought I’d seek some professional advise on whether I should continue going to the gym or will the pain worsen (deep down inside, I wished she said… don’t ever walk through the doors of a gym again, you’re too frail, all those muscles..)
But a sickeningly encouraging ‘YES! You must, but take it a bit easy though…’and all that followed.

Deep down inside, (my inside is pretty deep & can hold many thoughts) I knew that was coming. But what I wasn’t prepared for was she telling me ‘Oh! I’d like to go to the gym as well!’ You don’t want to hear that from a size 5….no hang on, the chocolate chip on the cookie was her saying that she needed to go to the gym to PUT ON WEIGHT!!

If I had Pamela Andersons body I’d cover my ears and run right out (no time to put the top on) with a loud Naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhiiinnn!!!
But since I don’t have Pam’s bodae I just groped for a sharp object.

20 minutes later I was out and my next appointment fixed. Can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment