Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Me & I

Ever wondered why some personality traits you have as a child are seldom retained when in full blossom? Very rarely, you fly away as a butterfly retaining the colors of your cocoon.
I guess its cause within your cocoon, you’re secured, sheltered, the ugliness all hidden away. But as a butterfly you feel the need to justify your colors!

At first I may come across (if you haven’t had the privilege to know me yet) as arrogant, cynical & standoffish. Many others, who braved getting to know me, feel I’m warm, animated and always up for a good laugh. The one’s who’ve lived with me think that I don’t give myself enough credit and may suffer from a complexity syndrome. But you’re all wrong.

What I am is a woman.

A woman with pride, but also insecurities (when I catch my reflection in the supermarket refrigerator glass). A woman with gusto, who can yet be weak inside (on spotting a 6 inch Prada). A woman of substance yet capable of erratic behavior (when I realize I can’t afford it).

Just a woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment