Friday, April 12, 2013

Bade Kaam ki Hum Cheez hain Yaram


The first time I heard Yaram, it was amidst a lot of distraction. By the time the melody caught my attention, the song had reached the chorus with lyrics like ‘tumhari filein, tumhara laptop, ghar ki chabiyaan…’ which distinctly reminded me of the song ‘meri laundry ka ek bill’ from Rock On and my excitement died down a little. I was still divided, something in the song had caught my attention but my distraction was only pulling me away, trying to label it as ‘just another song’, it succeeded but only till Sunidhi Chauhan hit the notes for ‘aur yeh dil, kanwara dil…pyaar mein haara bechara dil!’

Ek Thi Daayan is brought to us by Vishal Bhardwaj, THAT is what didn’t allow me to dismiss it as ‘just another song’  the man is known to make melody dance to his tunes. This time he’s out done himself by composing music for lyrics written by Gulzaar, brought to life by Sunidhi!

Suraj se pehle hum jagaenge
Aur akhbaar ki sab surkhiyaan
Hum Gungunaenge

Koi khabar na aye pasand to end badal denge
Muh khuli jamaye per hum bajayein chutkiyaan
Dhoop na tumko lage kholdenge chatriyaan

Bade kaam ki hum cheez hain yaram….
I’m loving it!

http://youtu.be/5XFGgfQhwoU

1 comment: