Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Strange thing the human is!

As if being born was any less complicated, the complications only proliferate as the animal grows older. No matter how many researches are conducted behind confidential bolted steel doors of the most technologically developed scientific labs ,nothing, and I mean nothing will ever be able to understand, explain or chart out human behavior or the entangled quantum state of the mind. All theories evolved so far are only a thumbnail depiction.

How else do you explain a man whose married 5 times already and now on his death bed, is asking for divorce! Or why a 92 yr old women, whose lived her entire life with one man, given birth together to many children and dreams, watched them grow old together would one day kill her 96 yrd old husband! Could it be for his property or another man?

Why, when your friends fail you feel bad, but when they do exceptionally well, you still feel bad with thoughts of ‘why couldn’t I be there’ creeping up innocuously? Why would you forget those who taught you to take your first steps, held your finger when you tumbled. Why would you want an old age home to cushion their fall?

Why do we stop finding the same jokes funny, we did roll on the floor once. Why do we need space but want to be with the person as well? Why is it ok for me to check somebody else’s phone but have huge privacy encroachment issues when someone screens through mine? I find myself blushing when the hottie next to me compliments me, I ask him to stop but really don’t want him to. What I really want to do is kill that pervert whose been admiring me for the longest time and if that geek ever compliments me …..whatevah!

I’m perfectly compatible with you, love spending time with you, look fwd to hearing how your day was, will make ensure that I halve your pain by sharing it, but I don’t want to complicate things. I’m not in love with you! I don’t agree with your opinions, fight all the time, maybe don’t even score very well on the ‘how well do you know your spouse’ quiz, but here I am! Talking about not complicating things…

A large number of straight women admire, check out, even ogle at other women. But a man very rarely would aspire to have another man’s butt. It’s not ok for one man to violate another man’s personal space by making a hug last for a second longer than it’s supposed to or hold hands. But women can make hugs last forever like it’s going out of fashion. Can even squeeze sometimes depending on the hormonal levels. And the world will label that as O.K.

It’s ok for two women to talk about their babies for hours but people find it strange them discussing their puppies for hours or even if one brings up puppy tales, while other mothers are discussing diaper changes. A baby is a baby is a puppy!

We work towards getting to know a person completely. If one actually ever gets to know or truly understands a person, then there will never be room for surprises, because every move will be preempted. Maybe the world will be a better place then. Yawn!

Go figure! No. Try figure.

1 comment:

  1. read it twice to understand it, still cant figure :)

    ReplyDelete