Thursday, January 22, 2009

Strangers In The Night

The thought of spending an evening with a bunch of strangers, does not make me jump three feet high. My evenings, usually, revolve around the same set of faces (new expressions always!). Call it boring, I call it choice.
But like most choices out of one’s control, I found myself in a rather unfamiliar situation.

The strong winds turned north, I wrapped my jacket tighter. Tonight was a big night. I had agreed to go out with friend A, who had a visitor in town, friend B. After running out of excuses, for not turning up, I found myself sipping coffee on the third seat. Just two people? I can handle that. But as the night stepped forward, alphabets began to multiply. We were now on friend H, and the only thread that linked us all was 'A' who I must admit, was not doing too bad a job.

The evening picked up speed like the unexpected force of a rapid. The laughter grew so loud that it took my rule book by it's horn and flung it in the direction of an oncoming train.

That night I learnt:
1. When traveling by car, if there’s a choice between nurturing a crick in the neck or missing out on punch lines, choose the back seat! It’s comfortable [I was just plain lucky Mr.B:)]
2.If you haven’t finished your glass of wine, it’s ok to ask for a take away
3.Retro is just soooooo much fun
4.Having random men walk up to you in a club, as the aftermath of a prank, is actually quite funny. Neither of you know what you’re both doing in that situation
5.A 5 star hotel’s restaurant is packed even at 5 on a working morning! With powdered noses still in place.
6.It’s ok to sing along to the music. And really loud. Even if you can hear it only faintly from behind the club doors
7.Two girls need absolutely no reason to bond or not
8.You can exchange numbers at the end of only one evening with an honest intention of calling back
9.It’s ok to laugh when someone chokes up on chillies :)
10.A little flirtation never hurt (but I already knew that)
11.A table behind you, helps break the fall, especially when your partner looses grip while trying to jive
12. What definitely doesn’t help is walking too close to a fountain (I’m still not sorry, c’mmon, be a sport!)
13.Even if you’ve been drinking till 5 in the morning you wont feel it, cause your heels are killing you softly
14.Planned evenings don’t always hurt [yeah you! you know who I’m talkin’ to:)]
15.Reminiscence of such an evening can make you smile, even days later……

Strangers in the night….We were strangers in the night, Up to the moment, When we said our first hello…sometimes, that’s all it takes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, A wild night that ended up in rules.... Can we have nop rules for once.... just fun... no rules.....

    ReplyDelete